Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A THOUSAND POINTS OF LIGHT

A THOUSAND POINTS OF LIGHT-- so very déjà vu

The current summer heat evokes a piquant wave of familiarity, one tending a lovely August interval experienced several years prior; 1988 was also an election year, a fact which clearly adds to the air of déjà vu that swoons down and swirls its way past my sanctified senses stunned by such knowledge.




My room looked much like this one…



Monday through Friday, I rode a bus down 16th Avenue to AFIP.



Rock creek park and the Washington D.C. Zoo were close by…
Of course, there are tons of things to do and see in our nation's GREAT capital… I so fondly recall the orchids at the botanical gardens…

Classmates I met drove me to Philly on some weekends… my parents lived in Ardmore, PA  BACK THEN.
EVERYONE AT THAT TIME WAS RAVING ABOUT THE MOVIE CAPTIONED BELOW…YET TO THIS DAY I'VE NEVER SEEN IT!
Relevant data opines that the heat wave of 1988 was worse than what we're experiencing currently; nonetheless, the sense of déjà vu continues to be enormous!!! 
"It was during the summer of 1988 that a heat-wave struck the Plains and Eastern states of the U.S.; temperatures that could only be described as 'brutal' persisted for days on end". 

Finally found this pic from my time on Glen Road in beautiful Ardmore, PA... Oh 1988, I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment