Friday, February 1, 2013

A TWIST ON THE ‘FAMILIAR’




I.e.,  MY OWN TWIST ON…
“The Road Not Taken”
 
Two roads diverged as separate moods:    
       I mourned the chance of choosing wrong;         
        And, as it stood, when paths grew long…           
Springing forth through winsome woods;
   I garnered strength to grasp this song.    
  
 
 
  I choose ‘the other’; it seemed as fair  

Having [perhaps] some better claim; 

Though [as for that!], the passing there,

Had worn them really ‘bout the same.
Both paths ‘that morning’ equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden thin;  
I marked the left for nether day,
And marveled then of life’s long way,

Back to where first doubts begin.

 

I shall be telling this tale ‘mid sighs
In future ages, and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
“I” took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the diff-er-ence!
 

Adapted from the original verse by Robert Frost


No comments:

Post a Comment