Saturday, August 22, 2026

IT’S JUST SO TOTALLY HEART-BREAKING

 

They’ve lost their parents, they’ve lost their homes: orphans and destitute, displaced people needlessly accumulate in lands far, far away [and through no fault of their own]. Yet, there’s someone who takes no interest in such human suffering, for he was born without empathy. It seems he’d much rather boast about his ill-gotten wealth, embark on self-serving vanity projects, host car races, and impose hefty tariffs than study the tragic consequences of war and the plight of the poor. Although this sentiment could easily apply to other foreign leaders, my criticism is aimed closer to home. As well, if there’s truly a place in the after-life called ‘heaven’ where one is finally able to acquire the unvarnished truth about everything, what must his late mother think of his debacles? It’s said that the pen is mightier than the sword… Accordingly, I write:


MARY’S LAMENT TO ( a different ) MARY










Oh Hail, Holy Mary!

Of infinite grace!

Please kindly relinquish

This man’s roguish place.

 

I wished for a son

Who would make me soooo proud;

Instead, I got this one:

Brash, crass, coarse and loud…



His grown sons are greedy;

His wife’s called a whore;

His rambling-rant speeches

Are false to their core.

With faults so egregious,

[Where do I begin?]

Giving birth to this fool

Proved the ultimate sin!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment