Wednesday, August 15, 2012

SUMMER’S HOLY, HALLOWED END: UN-PLUGGED, UNREPENTANT, AND ALWAYS UNTIMELY


You’ll be gone, summertime, and my heart fills with dread,
As I ponder the next winter-white;
And yet your warm winds still flutter about;
Do you think such a taunt is your right?


“In my youth”, sang the sun, “I shone solstice to fall,
With the burn of a fire unquenched;
But now as my flames blaze their last fearsome breath,
I stand ready to dim, un-retrenched”.


I will miss you, summertime, as the grapes grace the arbor;
For it’s you who brings honey to clover;
Your warm ‘butterscotch’ fills the night air with marvel;
Please tell me it’s not almost over!

“Some endings are final, some endings are total;
Yet we have known summers before:
The last winsome pages in anyone’s story
Always ache for a solstice…
                                                          once more.”
POEM WRITEN BY L.P.-GRENN copyright 2012

AND IT ALWAYS “DELIVERS”…
THE NEXT SUMMER SUN THAT IS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment